Greetings From Perth ^^

Darkshines

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Beccy
Hey all. I have been interested in animals and pets my whole life and currently own two cockatiels, two dogs, too many fish (tropical, marine, fighters, goldfish..) and one axolotl that I acquired from my friend, who brought one on impulse and put it in with some goldfish. Before this site I knew little about axolotls, but I did know they weren't meant to be put in with goldfish. The fish attacked the axolotl so my friend asked me to take it off her hands. It's currently in a small, already cycled tank (was planning on putting some fish in there) and I am currently cycling a new 4' tank with a couple of goldfish that I'll give to my friend when the tank is cycled. I plan on getting more axolotls in the future because I think they are beautiful creatures and interesting to keep and care for.

I don't bother saying anything that isn't really worth saying (or typing) so normally it's long (most people won't even be reading this anymore) and when I type it, it has 100 commas in it so sorry in advance. I do believe that people should put at least a little bit of effort into grammar and spelling because I hate reading 'sentences' that don't make sense and you have to struggle to understand what words they are trying to spell!

I'm interested in music, but I have no musical talent at all. Some of my favorite bands/artists include: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Everclear, Rage Against The Machine, Michael Bublé, Radiohead, The Academy Is..., Deadstar, Static-X, Tiësto, The Smashing Pumpkins and my favorite: Muse.

Sorry about the long post, and free virtual cookies to anyone still reading. I look forward to being apart of this community and learning more about our amphibious friends.

Beccy.

I do believe that people should put at least a little bit of effort into grammar and spelling because I hate reading 'sentences' that don't make sense and you have to struggle to understand what words they are trying to spell!

There are some people I hope are reading this!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here:happy:

Welcome Beccy!

Dont worry about long posts! we get plenty of them here! - great to have you part of the community!

CarlNJen

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back