G'Day from Down Under.

Samantha

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi.
Im new to this forum stuff. But I absolutely adore my Axolotls so I thought I would give this a go to be able to chat to all the other Axolotl fans out there.

Im sick and tired of getting my Axolotl advice from pet shop staff who have absolutely no idea.
So what better way to receive expert advice than to ask the people who know first hand from looking after and loving their own Axolotls?

Anyway. now about my babies.
I currently have 2 Axolotls.

Theres Axol (I was very original with my naming). She is a Black axolotl and I have had her now for 3 years and 4 months. She has laid 2 sets of eggs. The first was unsucessful in becoming fertile but the second bach produced many beautiful babies but unfortunantly they all passed on to Axolotl heaven.

Sadly, their father Otl (another original name) also passed on to Axolotl heaven about 3 weeks before our 3rd year anniversary together. Rest In Peace Otl. Your in our thoughts always. xxx ooo.

A new addition to my family is Aztec. He is a dark olive Axolotl and he has been with us for 5 days and he is settling in nicely.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know my babies.

Samantha.

Welcome to the forum Samantha. If you love axolotls, you've come to the right place ;).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back