dead axie, just wonder why

arika

Reaction score
Country
China
@1st my axies caught "anchor worm" , one dead but others saved. and lately the worm keep coming, don't know why??
2ndly, one of my white died in the morning, floating in the tank but everything was ok the night before, he/she got no symtons on the body, wonder why???
sadly, this morning my 18cm long white died, down to the bottom of the tank, with red small spot on it's body, everything was alright before. here's the picture.
can anyone tell what caused this, esp 2nd & 3rd death, please!
%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87-0001.jpg

Were they kept in a plain bare tank, as shown? Are the little red bits leftover food? Both of these factors could have a bad effect on water quality. This may have been a contributing factor.

The little red dots on the axolotl make me suspect that they still had anchor worm. The anchor worm larvae also attach to the axolotls, but they are too small to see.

When an amphibian dies, there is often more than one cause acting together.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back