60 or 90 cm tank?

Peter

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everybody,

I had a little question. Can I put 2 axies in a 60x30x40cm tank (I have that tank allready stored up somewhere). They are about 15/20 cm in length. Or is that to small? I can get a tank 90x40x40cm I think, is that better?. So whats better for 2 axies the 60cm or the 90cm?

Thanks allready :happy:
Peter

No, a 60cm tank is not big enough for 2 adult axolotls. One adult would be comfortable in that. A 90cm tank is much better for 2.

Okee thanks! I were also a bit intrested in buying a 3rd one. So I will buy one like 100x40x40 ;)

Greetz
Peter

Oh, I still have one little question. Can I just use normal playsand? Offcourse I wash it before.

Greetz
Peter

Yes, it'll be fine, just lots of rinsing to get the smaller particles out.

Hi Peter,

A useful system for calculating tank size is 18" per adult axie and play sand is good but will need a good wash as Bellabeloo says or you can try pool filter sand or no substrate is also good and saves heaps of time and hassle cleaning.

Good Luck

Okee, thanks people! :angel:

Greetz
Peter

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back