trapped air?

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Becky
my axolotl is acting a little strangely and I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had the same thing...It is just over 3 months old, and has seemed a little off colour since late last night, not very active and now today is either swimming around with tail pointing upwards or just sitting at bottom of tank with tail pointing up, apart from that she is eating fine and can't see anything else wrong with it, no injuries or fungus as far as I can see....its almost as if she has gulped down an air bubble and can't settle......suggestions please???:confused:

It may just need a poo.

thats how my leaucistic acts when he needs a poo.
for some reason my wilds dont.
dont know if its more common in them.?

Albinos do this too, most likely needs a poo, or it is holding some air and doing it on purpose. Mine has been doing this for 9 months

well this morning she seems better altho she still looks a bit down in the dumps, but still eating ok and not bobbing about like a cork anymore...so hopefully she will settle now

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back