Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Oriental Fire-bellied Newts

etcballs

Asian Newt Group
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in Derbyshire, England. I have recently bought 2 Oriental Fire-Bellied newts, and would like some advice on one of them.

When i got it home, i noticed a white mark at the top of its right back leg, it was swimming and moving around ok, but over the past couple of days, it has stopped moving the leg.

What can i do to help it?

Thanks

lims

Reaction score
look at the health and illness section on this page:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/articles.shtml

You might want to put it into 'dirt quarantine' which is outlined on the page...
I had the exact same thing with my C orientalis, who eventually lost all her fingers except one, on one hand, but they all grew back over time, so its a happy ending,,,

etcballs

Asian Newt Group
Reaction score
Thanks

Hi Sam,

Thanks, I had found the information about the 'Dirt Quaratine' but was unsure it would work.

I shall give it a go, thank you

Did you use any antibotic solutions?

Is it true that the limbs grow back, if they fall off?, i was unsure it would be true.

I have researched on the internet, but your never sure, which sites to believe and which to ignore.

Im new to keeping newts, so any advice would be great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!