Remember the spotted axolotl form Norfolk...?

russell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just spoke to the amphibian keeper at the sea life center in Great Yarmouth and she has promised me all the eggs from the spotted whopper they heve there!

What are the chances that some of the Juveniles will be spotted too?

Have you got any photos of the unusual axolotl from Norfolk? I was only down there in August and would have visited the Sea-Life centre if I'd known!

I wouldn't hold out hope for the offspring being harlequin. I don't think that trait is genetic.

Just how rare is that kind of mutation?
I'd love to breed one myself, but I've never seen a wildtype one... and even normal mutations are hard to get here..

when we saw the harly he was based at the hunstanton sea life centre in norfolk, its just on the coast by the wash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back