Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axie not well need help...Im new to all this

natalie14

Reaction score
Hi all,
I only joined this site this morn so not had time to say hay & post some pic's as im at wrk.
I really need all your help, I recently had 2 albino Axie's off my friend they are around 1 year old (i think) when my mate had them she put a black one in with them & it bit the leg off one of the white ones ( berney ) his leg has how grown back abit deformed, he has lost all his deep pink bit's off his gills this was a bit ago & they still have not come back. They took the black one & put him in a different tank.
I have set all my tank up & put them in but they have not moved much, my boyfriend thinks im stressing to much but i cnt help it.
Also Berney is not eating i droped a worm on his head & it was as if he could not feel it????
I know the move would have stressed them a little but i just worry alot.

At the min i am feeding them Meal worm's is that ok? or can you help me?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this x x x

Any help would be gr8

Natalie :p

P.S Sorry about my spelling's xxxx

philbaker76

Reaction score
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. First thing I'd do is make sure your tank is set up correctly - have a read of www.axolotl.org

I tend to feed mine mainly on earth worms - mealworms don't digest as easily; have a look at the above site for some ideas.

gr33neyes

Reaction score
worms

Phil where do you get your earthworms from for feeding your axolotls if you don't mind me asking...i would like to feed mine some but not sure where to get them from.

philbaker76

Reaction score
Phil where do you get your earthworms from for feeding your axolotls if you don't mind me asking...i would like to feed mine some but not sure where to get them from.

The compost bin (all ways loads in there) and I hunt around the garden.

You have to be careful where get them from because of pesticide etc. But, I know there aren't any used on my garden. :D

I also feed them slugs, the odd woodlice, anything that crawls or wiggles and a few small slices of raw liver on a Saturday.

You can buy worms from most fishing shops; I'll PM you where I get buy a pot from online (so as not to break any forum rules).

I'm going to try them on Salmon Pellets soon and raw tiger prawn (as recommended by Bellabelloo).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!