Hi im new-ish :)

natalie14

Reaction score
Country
England
Hay
My name is Natalie, I live in the Midlands England.
I now own 3 Axie that i had off my friend as they where not wanted anymore & i had fallen in love with them when i sore um.
I have 2 Albino ones William & Bernard ( not sure if there even boys )
and a Black spotted one called Leroy.
I will put my hands up & say i have gone in to this with me eye's shut as i had never seen or herd of an Axie in my life, I was told by a pet shop when we went for a new tank that its like keeping Goldfish. Only now i have realised it's not.
Leroy has fitted in well with his new home but i am having mega problems with the white one's.
I have had them since Tuesday 25/9/07 & everything was fine but they wont eat now the last time they eat was Saturday 29/9/07. I cannot get to a pet shop till the weekend to get the water checked as i have read on hear that the water play's a big part in there health.

Im not sure how to post pic's yet so i will as soon as i find out how lol

Thanks for reading

Natalie

about your axies not eating

Hi,

Sometimes axies won't eat if the water temperature is too low, usually below 10 degrees celcius. The optimum temp is around 14 - 22 degrees celcius, anything above that they get really hungry and can also get fungal diseases. They should only eat every 2 or three days, but won't hurt if they don't eat for several days. :supercool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back