finally

blckkeys

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Pat
So for the last few weeks I have been goig to this one spot looking for some marbled salamanders and have not been able to find a thing. Part of it has been because it has been so hot. (It may reach 90 degrees today, should be in the 70's). But are also experiancing an extreme drought this year. We are about 13 inches under our normal rain fall. We had some nice rains last week, but I had to ehad out of the woods because the rain started to come down harder and i was seeing lightning.

But, finally last night I found one. It was the only one I found, but I had a hard time looking, as I thought the mosquitos were going to take me away. (No standing water anywhere, extreme drought, yet the mosquitos were everywhere.) Needless to say, I will be traveling back there to see if I can get some better pictures.

Attachments

• Marbled sal..JPG
    Marbled sal..JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 318
  • marbled sal 2.JPG
    marbled sal 2.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 348
It was about 4 inches in lenght, give or take.

Nice find! Marbleds are so gorgeous. I wish we had them up here.

congrats on the find, the tail looks long for a marbled...maybe thats just the camera angle

AWesome! I love Marbleds, I had one when I was little my Grandfather found for quite some time before he expired:(. But in that time he lived well and was lots of fun to watch!

That thing is huge and his tail is way longer than he is,....strange.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back