More Newt Signs

apples

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like our newt signs (I couldn't find the previous post, so here are some photos of two signs we designed and donated to a few national parks as our wedding gift) has inspired some more signs to be put up in California.

Amphibsatrisk.jpg

If you chance to go about hiking in Northern California, you might see a few of these on your trails. :D

Of course, I would definitely love to see photos or hear from anyone that has encountered these signs (and the condition they are in...it's quite interesting research about the materials necessary to endure sun/rain/dirt/vandalism). Please send a private message, since I've had limited internet time with my new "biology" job. =p

I forgot to tell you! A friend of mine was in CA over the summer and found your sign, and called me up to ask who it was that put them up. Small world and all.

I can't wait to get out and see them. They really look fantastic! Once we get some big rains moving in I think i'm going to go watch their migration at Tilden... I hear it is a great sight!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back