PDA

View Full Version : Need a pair quick!

ty
9th October 2007, 01:35
Hello everyone, I have been reading up on Axolotls and found your site. This is probably the wrong place to post, but I need some help. I am looking for a pair of Axolotls, preferably a "wild" and an Albino. I have looked in your forum and contacted 2 different members but I have not heard back. I have to assume they don't have any for sale right now. Now I am getting desperate. I can assure you they will be in good hands!! I am trying to get a pair for my Daughter for her 10th Birthday. I know that seems a little young, but she is studying to be a pet fosterer/vet. She has had this dream since she was little and reads adult animal care books daily. She just got promoted up to the gifted children program and I want to do everything I can to keep her sincere interest in animals going. She loves to care for all animals, but she has fallen in love with 2 odd animals, Axolotls and Sphinx cats. Since a Sphinx is way to expensive, I decided to go for the Axls'. Does anyone have a pair (M-F) they would be willing to sell us, her birthday is coming up and I can't locate them anywhere local. We live in Ohio and I would need them by the end of the month. If you have a pair, let me know how much with shipping ASAP.
Thanks for your time!

kclinton
9th October 2007, 02:06
You can try Nilesbio.com

Jennewt
9th October 2007, 04:52
There are a couple of unlikelihoods with what you are asking for. First, axolotls breed in winter/spring, so it's going to be tough to find any available right now. The other problem is that they usually have to be shipped, and it's a lot easier to ship juveniles than adults... and juveniles usually cannot be sexed yet. It would be very rare to find someone that would ship you a sexed pair, it's just not a very likely thing. But who knows, you might get lucky and find someone locally that has some.

ty
9th October 2007, 23:53
The sexing isn't a big deal, I just thought it might be a good way to learn about the life cycle down the road. Obviously safe shipping is a concern, but I would be happy with any size. Anyone?

Thanks again!