Insect Larvae??

iceberg78

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Andy
I have noticed some small (about 1/8 inch) white worm looking things in my tank lately. I believe it is some sort of insect larvae but I am not sure. If it is how can I get rid of them? Are they harmful? Here is a couple pics.
100_0242.jpg

100_0241.jpg

Those are not insect larvae, and don´t worry they are generally harmless. I´ve had huge populations of them in my tanks that eventually stabilize. Actually if you ever plan on breeding your newts and leaving the offspring with the parents, those little worms will be a great first food for the larvae. I´m currently trying to raise my second batch of C.orientalis eggs in a container full of this micro-food. You might also find flat bigger ones...again don´t worry....unless you had a real infestation i don´t think any of these creatures can cause any problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back