My plastic tubs

Freik

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Display Name
Freddy
Hey,

after some advices from Mark here on the forum, I went to the store and bought some plastic tubs (thanks Mark!), as the species I kept mixed didn't go too well together (did in the beginning, but not later).

I don't use any substrate, and the temperature is staying at 17-19 degrees Celsius all day, and rarely goes over to 20 (now that its winter time its this cold of course..), but to the summer I'm not sure what to do to keep the tubs cold - I will read some on this forum later on. And of course I got lots of plants and rocks for the newts to climb up on (with moss).

Anyway, in this first tank lives Flathead, a Pleurodeles Waltl.

Flathausnyehjem2.jpg

It looks small, but really it isn't - the picture is taken sidelong, so it looks smaller, but it is 31 liters big.

And next out is the two Cynops Orientalis - Flipp and Flopp;

FlippFloppsnyehjem.jpg

This one is the same size as the one for the P. waltl - and it looks small as well. As you can see there is a bit more plants in this one, as there is a male and a female, and I was hoping for them to breed:happy:

And this is where my Japanese tree frog, Hyla japonica Frogge lives;

Froggesnyehjem2.jpg

I know, it looks messy=P But I will reconsider some other plants for her later. Right now she is thriving, and eating. But she got an eye infection, so I'm caring for her with Methylene blue at the moment.

This is how all the three tubs look like;

Das_boxes.jpg

Yes, I know, it looks dark - but the curtains, and the lights for my bearded dragon and the lights for my turtle are off on that picture, so its a lot more lighter usually - and those lights are just one meter away;o. Frogge's tub is to the left, in the middle lives Flathead and to the right lives Flipp and Flopp.

I don't got any filtration, which means I got to remove all excrements as they appear, and do water shifts about every week. But that isn't a problem though.

Uhm,,how come that the pictures isn't showing in the thread;s? I did link the pictures in the "Insert image".. Well, then you have to go to the site manually, hope you don't mind=p

i dont think you should keep that light directly on th tubs because it will make the tanks very warm which is bad for the newts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back