Eggs?

myyumbrella

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Leashie
hi,
i havent looked at my axies tank with the light on for about 3 days or more and today i turned on the light and saw all these little jelly like things that looked like eggs(on the glass). They have all opened/hatched and they look empty. I looked closely at the glass and there are all these little white things darting around on the glass. the egg things were white. does any one know what these could be?
DSCF7635.JPG

Sounds like worms do they stay on the glass all the time? Can you get us a pic?

Do you have any snails in the tank? Without a picture and with only my poor imagination it sounds like a batch of snail-eggs.

As little help with the pictures: you can only link to pictures somewhere on the internet but you could upload a pic from your computer as an attachment (have a look at the "Additional Options" - "Manage attachments" right below the writing area - hope that's not only for donators).

If they have appeared over the last 3 days and hatched it is unlikely they are axolotl eggs. My axolotl adorned her their tank with hundreds of eggs and these hatched in approx a week ( this was summer time and the tank temp was 21 degrees.)..however when they did hatch they where like skinny little comma's, mine where initially white larvae from white eggs.

If they have appeared over the last 3 days and hatched it is unlikely they are axolotl eggs.

...well, then it's unlikely that they are snail eggs either. :cool:
My Axolotleggs usually take almost two weeks for hatching but I place them in rather cool places with around 16 °C

thanks every one for your replys! I'm pretty sure they aren't worms or snails ... they look like some kind of lice or parasite.They are all white and move really fast, maybe some sort of cat fish? I've never had any other kind of fish in with my axolotls. I have recently started feeding them mealworms could this have any thing to do with them?

I think we need a photo to clear up this mystery.. at present can't think of anything that matches, and I have been looking in my books etc!!!! ( nothing to watch on tv last night)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back