Sick axie?

dk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
dk
Hi guys,:(
i think my axie is sick. Her body is slightly indented on one side, she also has little blood pores on her skin (little red dots). Ive put her in the fridge. When i check the container theres little red patches floating around... i dont know what else i can do? Any suggestions?
-Thanks

hi,
sorry to hear you have problems, it is very hard to help diagnose aproblem without seeing it.
is there any way you can post a photo so we can have a look, we might then be able to help you find the cure.

Hi dk,

Do you have any cats? is your tank covered? are there any objects, rocks or ornaments that could have fallen on your axie?

It sounds to me as if something has bitten or crushed the side of your axie. I have been wracking my brains trying to think what else could cause the indentation you mention. I think fridging your axie was a good idea it will slow everything including the bleeding ("Red patches floating around").

Keep an eye out for fungus and signs of infection and find a vet who knows about axolotls in your area.

Good Luck

hi guys
Thanks for your concerns, but shes passed away sadly (i cried for hours & have already had a little memorial service for her:(). I think the cause was an infection. Part of her tail was bitten of by my other axie and became infected with red scabs & blood patches running from her tail to her body. I found out the red blood patches were actually some gills she had lost. A few hours before she passed she looked like she couldn't breathe and when i checked on her again she was gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back