borat died!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayson

Reaction score
Country
Australia
bad news everyone! sorry to anounce that borat died just a few minutes ago!!!!!!!:angel:

very sad. such a shame to lose such an interesting creature

he hadent eaten in alomost 4 weeks. got very skinny and was constantly folating, just to warn anyone.

not quite sure weather to get another one or not. might make me too sad to see another one.

anyways thanks everyone for all of your help and suggestions

sorry to hear about your axie....as for getting another one, i would suggest that you try to resolve any problems you may have had previously i.e. water condition, temperature before getting another, but if you do i hope it works out.:wacko:

I think you should wait till after to summer to get a new axie because I got a new one during summer once and it was really hot and I could not keep the water temperature low and that axie ended up dying. I think it died from the stress of going into a new tank and the hot weather. You could get a new one only if you are able to keep the temperature what it is ment to be.

I would monitor your temp and other water parameters for at least a month now, as it is summer, and maybe put some feeder fish in there to keep your filter bacteria going if you think you want another one. Am only a beginner, but it seems to me temperature is the biggie in Australia for a few months of the year. And decide what substrate to use (if any) and get that in there. If you leave it a month, that'll quarantine the feeder fish and any plants you add and if you can keep the temp down, give you the best chance of success next time. Does that sound OK, someone who really knows?

I agree with Stephen and Lisa , also toodle around the site reading various threads..I have picked up so much imfo I am now an axolotl bore!!

Very sorry to hear about your loss

Aww thats sad, sorry for you.

sorry about loss

Aww thats sad, sorry for you.
:p

Sorry about loss,
Are you planning on getting a new axie.
I as well as everyone on this site loves these things to death/but as we all learn they are not that easy to look after.
Reading your prior threads / have you sorted your main problems out /main thing is water temp and water quality.
Food is second/ i feed my 6 /2 adults and 4 babies /earth worms and blood worms / maggots for adults/and baby blood worms and live shrimp for babies.
My two adults are in a 3 ft tank with 3 pvc pipes 11 different plants 6 being floating/ babies in a 6 th tank/same set up as above.
I as stated by all on site have a bare bottom tank,have top fillter in both plus a air stone.
If you keep temp down well below 20/ and water quality good/food every second day for adults every for babies.And always do clean up on a daily babis /you should be done and dusted.But most of all dont be to down and out,
We have all got our own axie problems even the ones that have been axie lovers for years.
So just keep asking ,and i hope all goes well
Regards/Catherine.

Floating is not a bad thing

bad news everyone! sorry to anounce that borat died just a few minutes ago!!!!!!!:angel:

very sad. such a shame to lose such an interesting creature

he hadent eaten in alomost 4 weeks. got very skinny and was constantly folating, just to warn anyone.

not quite sure weather to get another one or not. might make me too sad to see another one.

anyways thanks everyone for all of your help and suggestions
:D
Jayson,
Sorry about loss,
But floating is not that bad,
Eg/axie needs a poo/water temp to high.
Or as my female she just floats,i got really worried when i first visited this site and read about axies floating but as i have learnt /some just float/
read my tread i hope it helps,just be shure you get tank problems in check before you even think of getting a new axie.
Regadrs /Catherine/.​

im so sorry about your loss:(i just lost one of my axies(toffee) today. when i came home he was dead:( i now know what it is like to lose an axie.

RIP borat and toffee:angel:​

My Axie banda died last week too, she showed the exact same symptoms I think it is heat stress.
An dshe was eating either so I wouldnt class her as being a strong healthy axie so she could get through the heat of the day.

For next time invest in some ice packs an other cooling things to place in your tank.

As for getting another one, im definately waiting, and besides by wait I can take the time to look around and eentually find an axie I really want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back