Re-growing a gill

Kal El

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Jay
Hey everybody,

Before I fire away, I just want to apologise for my numerous questions lol. I'm still very new to all of this so I'm trying to gather as much info. as possible XD
Anyway...when I bought my axie, she was missing a a gill on the right side. So she has 2 on the right and 3 on the left. I can see a little stump forming. Is this her re-growing the gill? If so, how long does this process take?
Also, her gills aren't bright red like most axie's, does this mean anything? Her gills are more of a pink-ish colour...perhaps it's just the benefits of photoshop XD

Jay.

Hi Jay, don't bother answering my reply, check your pm first please!

As for the gill it will regrow. It may not be perfect when it regrows and can take from several weeks to months, depending on his/her age and how well s/he's looked after.

As for pale gills, they tend to be lighter when they're inactive (less movement) or sleeping but you may notice they can brighten up a lot more when they're in hunt mode or eating. Entirely normal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back