purchasing axies worldwide

heathenpride

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It seems that most of you are US-based, do you have any idea if I can order eggs/juveniles and have them shipped internationally? I'm from Israel and there is no way to get any here.

Thanks for help

Not really. Axolotls are listed on CITES, the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species. That is, they're globally considered endangered and are not permitted to be shipped internationally without CITES permits.

purchasing axolotls

Hi! I am new to the forum and have many questions. I have read that there are states that axolotls are illegal in (to buy and sell)...does anyone know if Texas is one of those states? I went to several exotic pet and fish stores in town and no one has much of a clue really......and they don't have axolotls either nor know who exactly they would get them from.

Does anyone know where in Texas they are available, if they are available? Are they seasonal of sorts as they cannot be shipped during cold months, etc? What is a reasonable price to pay for one? Do different colors cost more? How much should shipping cost?

I apologize for all the questions....I just can't get any answers from folks here in my city and don't know who else to ask......I imagine this forum was established for these kinds of reasons.

Thanks for any and all advice, answers and information.

-soleil

Welcome to the forum. I (and we) can answer all of your questions but you need to start your own thread, not hijack someone else's. Start a new one and I'll answer everything. They are fine in Texas, but due to the heat here they don't do well (a house at 75 F in the summer is too hot for axolotls - they die).

-John

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back