Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ohio Amphibian Research & Conservation Conference

blckkeys

Reaction score

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I`ve added it to the caudata.org calendar. Thank you!

duktig

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Thanks for posting this!

jericho

Reaction score
duktig wrote:
Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Will you be speaking?

Andy Avram

Reaction score
I went to the reptile version of this conference 2 years ago (they alternate reptiles, off year, amphibians, off year, reptiles...) and it is pretty good with like 45 minute synapsis of various projects around the state. If you can go longer sign up for the Wildlife Diversity Conference on Wednewday before put on by ther ODNR. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Calendar/PDF/Early newletter announcement.pdf

Sometimes a few of the topics overlap but for the most part they are different.

Overall it is a good conference and if the weather is right the salamander migration will be taking place. Two years ago we found Tigers, Spotted and Smallmouth along with Spring Peepers, Leopard Frogs, Western Chorus, Green Frogs, Bullfrogs and American Toads by roadcruising the nights around the conference.

Andy

blckkeys

Reaction score
There is a good chance that I will be going to this. I may not be able to do any road cruising or anything, but wouldn't mind putting some faces to the names. Just throwing it out there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!