Hi

Jemma

Reaction score
Country
England
Hi,
I'm new to keeping axolotls, my mum kept them for years when i was a kid, but i think times have changed in the last fifteen years so i'm here looking for a bit of advice on the spawn i have coming.
Iim intrested in all reptiles and amphibians ( snakes scare me a bit, but their nice to look at ).
My house is a small zoo, i have a rabbit, 7 guinea pigs, 4 bearded dragons, 3 fire bellied, 2 mice , a yemen chameleon and a greenhouse full of carnivorous plants.

I've done loads of searching on the internet for advice on axolotls and was suprised at how conflicting it all was, then when i found this forum, well its brilliant who better to get advise from than people who are keeping them.

Anyway thats me
Jemma

Welcome!!

Have you looked at Axolotl.org ? The site has a good amount of information and comes from a one who has actually kept and studied axolotls.

I would also suggest that you take a look through the "axolotl" subforum here. There are many threads that cover various issues that you may find helpful.

Good Luck!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back