I'm gonna be a nanna .. HHEELLPP!!!

dancas

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Righty ho then..

a couple of months ago we found some slpotches on our tank wall which we thought were snail eggs. we also started getting little white things swimming behind the filter... we thought they were bugs but have now since realized they were bubby axies... they died when the tank got smashed.

Now our baby is all cuddly and waddly she is getting bigger by the hour by the look of her..

we dont want a huge amount of babies because as my hubby said, we wont want to get rid of them!! but we wouldnt mind some.

I have a feeling she will lay in a week or sooner judging by the size she was last time..

what do I need to start off with?

I dont want to spend big $$'s as i am currently saving to get a chiller in the new year.

the egg bearer is in a 3 ft tank with her "hubby" and sister 3 hidey holes 1 bridge, 1 piece limestone 4 opal eggs (which they just love moving around the tank) 2 fake plants with heavy bases 1 1.5 inch airstone, an eheim pickup filter 2012, and 3 led lights 2 blue and one white. any help soon would be greatly appreciated.. ( also need to know what they look like fertilised or not, and what to do with eggs we dont want?)

Eggs will appear like 1cm clear blob, with a 3-4 mm 'blob' in the middle (which may be white or black and white). They'll litter the tank, as axolotls can lay hundreds of eggs at a time. The eggs you don't want to keep can just be left in the tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back