My axie is changing colour again.

stephen

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Stephen
I posted a while ago about my axie starting to change from being all black to a lighter colour with black dots. But now my axie's colour is changing again. It's colour is changing into black with lots of little brown dots all of its body. It is now like a speckeled colour. It is now 27cm long and I thought that it was an adult but when I said it was changing colour last time most people said it was because it was growing up. Does this just mean that my axie is still growing?

I've had mine change colors over time. They get darker, lighter, etc. They also change during the day. At night, they can get fairly pale, to darken up during the day.

Do you notice any signs of illness? Fungus? Gill issues? Does it still eat healthily, normally? What are your water parameters?

If it's still acting normally, I'd chalk it up to normal growth/change.

Hi Stephen I agree with Kaysie,

It sounds like a natural thing I have a leucistic who keeps getting lighter and more golden as he ages.

It is still acting normally and I make sure the water is good so I guess it must be still growing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back