Neurus just laid Eggs!

Neurus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I dont know if anybody remembers Neurus, the axolotl who went 13 weeks without eating? Well a few days ago she laid about 50 - 100 eggs which i have since moved to a separate tank and they are starting to change shape, i have daphnia growing in a separate tank ready for their arrival and i am currently buying containers for them to be kept separate when they grow to about 2cm. A couple of local pet shops have already said that they will take a few off me when they are about 4 inches long but anyone in the Manchester area looking for some?

Heres the mum and dad

71ybe5g.jpg

awww they look like our snape and weasley!!!! beautiful picture.... your tank looks just like mine too!!!!

The parents look really nice. Shame you live too far away from me as I'd love some of the babies or eggs. I've been looking for a nice pink and black one for my tank for a while after I discovered axolotls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back