Evolution

metalsapo

Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
Thanks to all of the moderators that oriented me to learn more about my Paddle tail, and in the readings i have gone though, its something really interesting that is making me post a question.

Read
"Among the Asian salamanders, the Pachytritons have the fewest primitive characteristics. They are the most environmentally specialized and are considered evolutionarily advanced in comparison to Cynops, Paramesotriton, and Tylototriton."

Does anyone can tell me why is this written in that reading, how you can tell that? Fundamentals are needed in my brain to understand the parameters.

Thanks
EO

Well, it´s just based on comparison between them and fossil amphibians. The presence of primitive characteristics in the head structure seems to be more pronounced in the other genera. I don´t know the exact features but i think i remember reading or hearing somewhere it had to do with the cranium sutures maybe? Also Pachytriton is a highly adapted genus, being strongly designed for living in streams and fast moving water bodies. The others are far less specialized...and well.....specialization tends to be a more evolved condition so..that´s it hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back