help its changed

pinkpanther

Reaction score
Country
United States
well i have 2 newts that i bought at a mall and one of them has changed we bought it a cage with land but im not shore it is ready to be on land because it gets out on its own and then lays there and when you touch it its sticky and dry. what should i do. and can one that has changed and one that has not still mate.

What kind of newts??

:errr:im not realy for shore the guy that sold it to me lied to me about a lot of stuff and now we cant get a hold of him at all. we looked everything we know about them is what we looked up on the enternet. maybe a axolotl but im not for shore if thats what you needed to know. its lost all of its gills now and i still dont know very much about it theres a lot of people around here that has bout at least one and they have no clue what to do because the guy even went as far as telling us that it was from alaska.

The first thing we need is pictures to properly identify it. After that we need to have you clearly state what the problem is so we can help. It sounds like you were sold something that someone knew nothing about.

kacie it looks like the Blotched tiger salamander or at least thats how it colored the head is a lot smaller though and i dont think its a tiger salamander i think when we looked it up it said it could live in the same environment as the tiger salamander any other ideas.

If it looks like a blotched tiger sal, why do you think it isn't? They can "change" at a small size, like 3-4 inches long, they are not always huge. Tiger sals are commonly sold as "waterdogs" or even as "baby dinosaurs" in the USA. My suggestion is to read the caresheet link that Kaysie gave, and follow the instructions for "care during metamorphosis".

Can you post a photo?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back