Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

To keep an axys tank extra clean.. can you

freekygeeky

Reaction score
Put those large (dontknow the name) yellow snailsin there ..which cannot be eaten by the axys , so they can clean up, and...if they have babies they can be food for the axies... or not?

Saspotato

Reaction score
Some people have no hassles with snails, it depends on what type. They should either be small enough so your axie can eat them easily or really big so they can't try to eat them and have the snails get stuck in their mouths.

Usually most people recommend that you have no other tank mates for your axie other than other axolotls of the same size. But it seems many people keep snails so if I were you I'd have a search around these forums for what other people have done with snails. :)

Wynn

Reaction score
hi, i use very big apple snails which can't get stuck in their mouth. they've also a lid, which they saves the snails from attacks by an axolotl.it works good

regards wynn

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi Freeky Geeky,

The main drawback with any tank companions is the increased bioload. Snails particularly are prone to breeding and then you end up having to deal with all the extras. However many people keep snails with no hassles.

Good luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!