Eastern Newt findings

RedEft92

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Wright
About 5 years ago I went camping with my family in Allegheny State Park here in New York. I was only about 10 years old. Anyway, this was when I first became interested in herps. We went on a wildlife tour that tought us about smaller animals, such as small amphibians, reptiles, insects, and other little organisms. It was a warm summer day, and the sun was shining. I walked up onto a forested hill and lifted up a flat rock, and out scurried a red eft. It was bright orange, not full red like some specimens. I caught it with my net and the tour guide told me what it was. From then on, I've been looking for more efts, hoping to not keep one, but film it on my video camera. I do this with many of the herps that I find. I do not keep them however.

Wait, I'm confused here, what are your "Eastern newt findings?" Do you mean the fact that you've found red efts, or did you find something about them that may be useful to the rest of us?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back