Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

white splodges

J

jtmisty

hi all i am new to this, i have got six axolotle 4 brown 2 albeno wiggles one of the brown axie has had white splodges on him for quite some time.it does not seem to be a fungus and he is still eating well. can anyone tell me if this is common, the others do not seem to have any splodges
many thanx

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ..

White splodges on axolotl usually mean a fungal infection, but as it seems not to have changed it may be something else. Would you be able to post a picture of the axolotl so we may get a better idea of what it may be. Also the other thing that is worth checking is the water quality, i.e ammonia, nitrate and nitrite readings as they can be very sensitive to water problems. If you don't have the relevent tests ( they are very useful to have...but avoid the 5 in one strips) at the moment take a sample to your local pet shop/ aquatic shop and they will usually happilt check it for you. Write the numbers down as it may sound like gobbly gook!!! lets us know and we may be able to go on from there with ideas.

J

jtmisty

hi many thanx for the reply
i have all the test kits for the tropical fish and the water quality is fine,the exturnal filter has been up and running for 6+ months this is why i am so stuck. i hope the pics will help you he is a little camera shy :D . hope you can help
Jacky
ps hope pics attach i not good at this computer thing :confused:

J

jtmisty

pics

004.JPG
005.JPG

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!