Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

special treats

diannpf

Reaction score
hi, i feed my axie on pellets, the occasional piece of beef and he has some live fish in his tank at the moment but isnt munching them just yet....just wondering what does everyone give their axies as treats?

dancas

Reaction score
"earthworms very yummy" says Snape Weasley Molly and Malfoy, nodding enthusiastically ( as much as their beautiful smiley heads will let them)

Lisa

Reaction score
Bunnings sell earthworms in boxes ready to establish your own worm farm (about $27 for 500) , or I get mine from our vege patch. Fishing shops (bait shops) apparently also sell them.

ianclick

Reaction score
I would imagine that with the temperatures you guys have been getting earthworms might be in short supply. however all the recent rain may have drawn them out. You could go for a hunt, but with all the posoinous inhabitants I would be careful.

Worm farms are the go or compost piles altough I believe some varieties of snakes like them too so I would try Bunnings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1