Oh no! Another axolotl lover...

tyl3r

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I am an axy-phile living in the north of England.

I kept axolotls when I was in my teens and they always appeared healthy, ate well and had typical lifespan. At the time (armed with my copy of Peter Scott's book on permanent loan from the local library) I was considered something of a local expert by friends and school alike. :rolleyes:

Twenty years on, as I use the internet to re-skill myself before re-establishing a colony, I now realise just how woefully inadequate my setups were in the past and how I was very lucky not to have had any premature fatalities. :mad: Consequently, I apologise publicly to my axolotls for any suffering I may have caused them.

Now, I am reading as many historical posts as possible before asking some dumb question or offering an even dumber answer. :wink:

Kind regards,

tyl3r.

hi
welcome to the forum,
nice to think there is somone out there who is willing to learn and pass on their knowledge.

Welcome this a wonderful site you will find out. Many knowledgeable people here willing to help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back