Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Filters Filters Filters

DantezGirl

Reaction score
hey what are some ways members have modified there filters to slow down the flow of the water?

I just figured a way to slow mine down and it took me long enough to see it lol i just wrapped a long fake plant i got around the spray bar aimed the spray bar at the wall the plant gets squished against the wall and stays there and defuses the water

all i have to do now is add a airstone as the water is very still bar a little bit were the filter is

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have recently discovered this....my juveniles up rooted one fake plant in the tank, this merrily floated to the surface and ended alongside the filter..and hey presto. diffused water!!.. I had placed plastic plants in front of the nozzle but this was not very stable..It took the axolotl to show me how it should be done!!

DantezGirl

Reaction score
lol the powers that be aye they seem alot happyer for it as well

any other members made a deiscovery that can help other members be it feeding filters breeding tank plants lighting?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1