Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ohio Amphibian Conference

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be there!

OHIO AMPHIBIAN RESEARCH AND CONSERVATION CONFERENCE
Date: 15 March 2008

Only one month left to register for the Ohio Amphibian Research and Conservation
Conference (formally the Ohio DAPTF). Co-sponsored by The Ohio Division of Wildlife and
the Ohio Biological Survey, presentations will highlight recent research and amphibian
conservation efforts in Ohio.

In addition, we are pleased to announce our keynote speaker, Dr. Jim Bogart, professor
emeritus at the University of Guelph, who will be speaking on Ohio's Unisexual
Ambystomatid salamanders. The registration fee is only $20 ($10 for students) and
includes lunch if you register before 22 February.

For more information, including a draft program, presentation abstracts, and registration,
go to: http://www.ohioamphibians.com/meeting/index.html

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you add it to the calendar?

blckkeys

Reaction score
Don't forget folks that this conference is this weekend in Ohio.

I originally planned on attending, but I will not be able to make it, as of today i am an uncle again, and I must see the next in line for me to corrupt this weekend. :D

Andy Avram

Reaction score
So did anyone end up going?

I woud say overall the conference was very good. A few talks were a little technical but I was able to manage. And of course some were much better than others. The keynote was the moast technical (lots of genetric work) but man was that a bombshell about the Ambystoma hybrids - supposively the Streamside Salamander is the founding sister to all the hybrids.

The only unfortunate thing was we got behind schedule and I wasn't able to catch up with people as much as I would have liked.

After the conference one of the presenters and a few friends and I went road-cruising and found a nice female Eastern Tiger Salamander and some Leopard Frogs, also heard Western Chorus and Spring Peepers.

If anyone else went, what did you think of it?

Andy

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't end up going. I was ill, and unwilling to make the drive to Columbus by myself. Bummer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!