Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

www.supernewt.com

freves

Reaction score
Well there has definitely been a lot of work put into that site. I just glanced through the photos but I did not like the fact that different species were housed together.
Chip

Mercuri

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a design snob (been graphic/web designing for years) and the layout makes me cringe. I like websites that look clean/stylish/and are easy to read. Not knocking the content though.

Lasher

Reaction score
I just came accross this. I agree the layout and general design is pretty horrible but the content is great(if a little lacking in organisation), would make a good information source for people brand new to caudate keeping(which I think is how its intended). Some really nice photo's as well.

newtons13

Reaction score
The site is great. However, I asked her some questions, and she was very adamant about following advice given by her. I saved my newts from awful living conditions, and they now have great quality of life. Unfortunately i do not have a ton of money to put into them, and do everything I can when i can. I got the impression that this was unsatisfactory to her because i was going to use a combination of her advice and that given to me at a local petshop aquarium section, as she stopped communicating. I could be wrong, maybe she's just busy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1