Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

about the firebellies

smallz0420

Reaction score
so even if I change out the substater monthly the toxins from the toads can build up? I want to know because they have been in there for almost four months and doesn't seem to bother sal. And what about a tree frog because im am going to see if this reptile store would like to make a trade...please inform me some more...also I have an interst in a axolotl's if anyone knows where i could get one please let me know.

smallz

grunsven

Reaction score
so even if I change out the substater monthly the toxins from the toads can build up? I want to know because they have been in there for almost four months and doesn't seem to bother sal. And what about a tree frog because im am going to see if this reptile store would like to make a trade...please inform me some more...also I have an interst in a axolotl's if anyone knows where i could get one please let me know.

smallz

Wow I thought my english wasn't bad but this is gibberish to me. (Although i feel the need to direct you to http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Mixing_disasters.shtml)

What is your actual question?

Lasher

Reaction score
Wow I thought my english wasn't bad but this is gibberish to me.

American.

The way I'm reading it I think he means he's keeping FB toads with... something else. You shouldnt mix species, particularly with toads, most things will react badly to the toxins, thats if the toads dont eat it first.
Toad and tree frog would be a terrible combination for numerous reasons, asides from the above they should have completley different habitats(warmer, arboreal).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1