Housing juvy Axi's the BEST WAY?

WardWeisner

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been breeding and keeping reptiles for 10 + years and just reciently Bought my first Axi's...
I am wondering what is the best way to keep them. I bought a guy out of his Juvies i bought 14 at one time they are all about 3 inches long and eating well.. But i have been hearing mixed opinions and " ways" to do things.. What would you all suggest the best way to keep these would be ..

Tanks, space and care are not issues here just what would work best to start my hobby with these wonderful creatures..

Thanks
Ryan & Tash

You will probably get mixed opinions here too. Have you read the care sheets on caudata Culture? Link at top of page. You can also read the axolotl site, thats where i started, with help and suggestions from a few knowledgeable members on here who know what they are talking about.I have had no problems with my axolotls and thats down to listening to people who know.
You will be given advice on how many you can house in one tank, again thats your choice but consider the fact that if they all get sick at the same time do you have the space and time to treat and fridge them all...

You will be given advice on how many you can house in one tank, again thats your choice but consider the fact that if they all get sick at the same time do you have the space and time to treat and fridge them all...

If you follow axolotl.org/ you shouldn't even have to worry about all of your axolotls getting sick at once, they are very hardy animals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back