I Need Help!im New

kazz89

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello iv just signed up to this website. ive been intereasted in geting an axolotls for a while now. the only problem i have is tank size. i have two dfferent size tanks. a 36cm long 24 cm wide 37cm high tank and a 41cm long tank 23cm wide tank 32 high tank. would either of these be suitable for 1 axolotls? id apreciate any feedback!

I've moved this to the Beginner's part of the axie Forum.

They would be suitable only for a short while for a few months for a young axolotl or juvenile (ie up to 12cm).

A better size tank for one axolotl (basing it on the fact an adult can reach 25-32cm+ - ours are the larger end of the scale!) would be 2ft long x 1ft (30cm) wide tank.

Any smaller than this and you will have problems with water quality and temperature during the summer months as your axolotl grows. You also have to take into account the floorspace needed for a cave and plants (plastic, silk or live) and filter that may go in your tank. All these take up room and you do need at least a cave of some sorts for your axie to retreat to, if it needs to, during the day (they're nocturnal creatures).

Check out www.axolotl.org

And of course Welcome to the Forum.

thank you

thank you for your advice
i was just so unsure and spent hours reading this website. il have to look into getting a larger tank for an axolotls. so i really need a longer tank and a much wider tank.
thanks again

Go for the biggest your money and room size can manage, your axies will appreciate the space and its easier to keep clean and managed. Good Luck :D

hi Kazz, where are you to in the uk, i just like being nosey lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back