What fish can i keep with cynops orientalis ?

I would suggest cloud mountain minnows ( I believe that is what they are called) if you are going to have fish. Personally, I advise against keeping fish with newts though.

I say white cloud mountain minnows (Tanichthys albonubes) too.
After a ton of research, this was the only fish species I felt could be compatible, assuming you have a large enough tank and adequate filtration.

I've possibly come across another fish. I know this is an older topic, but the question is still being asked a lot.
The Japanese ricefish (Oryzias Latipes). They come in different bred colors and grow to a max. size of 3 cm. They leave their own fish eggs alone, not sure how that translates to salamander eggs though. They can be kept with freshwater shrimp aswell like Cherry shrimp (Neocaridina davidi).

Newts prefer fishless water so I wouldn't add any with them. Cherry shrimp do ok with them and newts could also use them as a snack - if they can catch them!

Although I'd really like to see some fish swim in my tank, I'm also going for the shrimp and salamander combination (y)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back