PDA

View Full Version : 5 FBN with huge set up! I think they are mating

cookie
28th February 2008, 19:25
Hi everyone :) I was told to come here after advertising my newts on a reptile forum!

I wasn't going to sell them for a while because I thought they had started mating as the one is starting alot of tail fanning etc but with limited time it would be better for them to go to a new home before they mated or someone willing to take on newts that are possibly mating or have mated already :)

I have 5 beautiful fire belly newts. I rescue'd 3 and bought 2. The 3 were in poor conditions but after months of work are healthy and happy, all feed really well on live and frozen foods and are beautiful :)

They vary in age and size, the smallest being about the size of my little finger and the largest about the length of my hand. see pictures below.
They come with a 3.5 - 4ft tank with metal stand (needs a spray as its got some rust)All plants, sand, hides, filter, turtle dock, airstones with pump and everything LOL and small heater incase you have a really really cold room LOL
I believe it to be an excellent set up and overall cost me over (including tank but not including newts or extras) 180. They also come with a little tank that is currently breeding their live food.

This is the set up and newts! I'm based just outside Birmingham. The reason for sale is I basically took them on because of the state they were in and couldn't stand to leave them where I found them. But my true love lies in Lizards and I feel with our number of lizards growing they will not get the time they deserve.
But it's still a difficult decision so i'm testing the water to see who would be interested. if interested please reply to pst or Pm me x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/jandy54/Newttank1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/jandy54/peewee.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/jandy54/nipper.jpg

Kaysie
28th February 2008, 21:01
Cookie, could you please post how much you're asking for this setup. It's required as part of a for sale ad.

Ralf
28th February 2008, 22:18
The animal in the second photo looks like a paddletail newt (genus Pachytriton) and not like a Chinese firebelly (genus Cynops).

cookie
29th February 2008, 10:27
The animal in the second photo looks like a paddletail newt (genus Pachytriton) and not like a Chinese firebelly (genus Cynops).

I know we thought the same but he has a red spotted belly similar to all the other but his jaw line is different. To be honest Like i said, i saved these and don't really know too much about newts to be honest. So he could well be a paddle tail x

cookie
29th February 2008, 10:28
Cookie, could you please post how much you're asking for this setup. It's required as part of a for sale ad.

Opps sorry, umm I dont know how much newts are etc I paid around 50 for them all so asking about 30 for the newts, and 80 for the set up or the whole lot for 100 including 2 other spare small tanks and a feeder tank :) oh and a heater and slate :)