Eryops?

stablefly

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anyone keeping these things? I just got a pair for a sweet price. i'm pretty sure they are captive bred to...

or i made them.

Attachments

• eryops2.jpg
    eryops2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,932
  • eryops.jpg
    eryops.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,944
the guy in the right is the sculpture and the one on the left is a silicone cast... Cause i always wanted a rubber Eryops to play with in the tub when i was a kid.
The sculpture is made of polymer clay and glass frog eyes around an armature, painted with acrylics.
I'm glad you like.

Ha......ha.......
They are extinct...actually they were some of the first amphibians a damn long millions of years ago.

Now wait that sounded rude...sorry.
Nice looking art btw.

Sell them. I would buy one.

Very cool...i'd buy them too. In fact, you could be on to a winner here...making accurate ,life sized models of the species we're all crazy about....
Also, make a diploclaus?...spelling?

Sell them. I would buy one.

I do sell them! however as they are hand sculpted, moulded, cast and painted buy me they are not cheap. i sell unpainted resin casts and I'm only producing a run of 30. I made a few silicone individuals for fun. they are more expensive to produce and can only be painted with silicone so if you want one we can start haggling now;) if you want a custom paint up on a resin model I could do that to.

I also have made a Metoposaurus and a Gerrothorax... the Gerrothorax looks stupid but hey, they kind of look stupid to begin with.

Very cool...i'd buy them too. In fact, you could be on to a winner here...making accurate ,life sized models of the species we're all crazy about....
Also, make a diploclaus?...spelling?

Hey Andy,
A life sized Diplocaulus I could do ( and i have always wanted to) but something like an Eryops! Or better yet a Koolasuchus! that would be awesome... impossible in my studio but awesome. This Eryops is pretty accurate but it's hard using skeletal reference from the internet, especially for such seemingly unpopular prehistoric animals.

Pete, Tiktaalik would be awesome. Again getting reference is my biggest challenge.

I'm glad you all like these guys.

Do you have a website where you showcase these guys. I could neat to have a set. I actually had a Eryops when I was little (I think...I don't have it anymore, but when I was little I was convinced that what it was.)

I have a website but it is pretty dated at this point and doesn't have much on it. Have a look if you like though. www.stablefly.com There is a Diplocaulus on there but it's pretty ****. PM me if you want some prices.

Those are nice. When I first glanced at the pics I thought that they were from one of the dinotales series.
Chip

Pretty good job, nice craftsmanship, indeed! Quality there! i may have to bother you when i have $$$$ to spend! You do this things for museum, you should, if not, you can make a few bucks selling them to geeks like us.

Aphaneramma would be an interesting one or a Gerrothorax those kinda look silly. But i prefer Acanthostega and Ichthyostega and those lovely early tetrapods. Good luck if you ever do a Tiktaalik!

Pretty good job, nice craftsmanship, indeed! Quality there! i may have to bother you when i have $$$$ to spend! You do this things for museum, you should, if not, you can make a few bucks selling them to geeks like us.

Aphaneramma would be an interesting one or a Gerrothorax those kinda look silly. But i prefer Acanthostega and Ichthyostega and those lovely early tetrapods. Good luck if you ever do a Tiktaalik!

Yeah there is a lot of fossil reference material out there for Tiktaalik as well as Acanthostega. I have files for a great number of prehistoric animals but I love it when some one asks for some thing specific that is of interest to me. Currently I'm in the beginnings of a commission to reconstruct Dunkleosteus. It's interesting enough but my real interest lies in the prehistoric amphibians.

I have made a Gerrothorax already... it looks to cute to me... like stupid cute.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back