filters

RICH123

Reaction score
Country
Wales
Display Name
RICH
my old filter died about a week ago so i bought a new one its a fluval 3 the flow that comes of this filter is much stronger than my old one and the gills of my axies gently move in the flow the flow it isnt that strong, gentle enough to not move my axies from where they are standing or swimming i havnt used a fluval before does anyone use this brand and find that there axies get sressed from the flow?
cheers,
Rich

Last edited:
I use fluvals on 2 of my tanks and have attached a spraybar.
I must admit i never used it without one but have had no problems with stress with my axies.

I dont keep axies, but if you are concerned about the current you could build some kind of outflow arrangement.
If you can fit some tubing to the outflow you could either run it the length of the tank and make some holes in it or stick it into a chunk of sponge(natural, synthetic or filter sponge works fine) to reduce the current.

I have bought a spray bar and it works peach, cheers for the advice
Rich

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back