Tiger salamander tumor/growth/pimples?

sirus14

Reaction score
Country
United States
my tiger salamander was recently moved to a dirt terrarium. Since then it grew 4 big growths. 1 is on its jaws. 2 is on its back leg's knee. 3 is on its tail. 4 is the one I worry about. It is above its vent and is about the size of a dime and sticks out a centimeter or so. My salamanderis 13 inches and is eating well. But I would like to know if this is bad and how to get rid of this problem.

How moist is the tank, and do you have any pics of the animal and the tank set-up? I don't know much about growths on tigers, but if the tank is too moist they tend to be prone to infections. It is better to keep the tank a bit on the drier side, or if you can, have a moisture gradient so the animal can choose.

Try to post a photo if you can. It doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of before.

This sounds like a parasite infection to me. Photos will confirm....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back