Food

fish7286

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
FISH
im feeding my 2 axies freeze dried bloodworms, tiny trout pellets and ive ordered some gammarus shrimps, is this a good varied diet for them?
im new to axies so I need help.
im also gonna start feeding them earthworms aswell and see if they like them.

If you feed a variety of commercially available foods with the occasional worm tossed in you will be fine. Unless you feed a limited diet of poor quality foods it is difficult to provide poor nutrition.

thanks mriguy, also i was told at my local aquarium that sand irritates their gills and that you cant keep axies in gravel so ive opted for very fine tropical aquarium gavel, is this ok?
its only about 2mm thick.

Hi,
i've never heard of sand irritating their gills, but 2mm gravel should be fine.
If you can get them to eat blood worms that will be great as they are more nutritious and if you have a chemical free garden they are also the cheapest. FREE!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back