my very first plant for my axies

DantezGirl

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand-Maori
Display Name
DantezGirl
hey all got my very first plant for my axies today here's hoping it will thrive and survive am planning to get more and more every week and go planted in there i shook all the dirt of and replaced the dirt with the gravel

plant001gu8.jpg

plant001gu8.jpg

plant001gu8.jpg

because axies are rough and bottom dwellers normally has anyone thought about createing a plant shelf that runs the length of the tank and attaches to the glass by suction cups? then the plants can grow and the branches ect will dangle down and wont get damaged? just a thought

Actually I have considered doing that; I thought of using a few big pieces of slate. I have also seen a great cave made from slate that was shaped so that the top was flat and protruded from the water. This was used to plant things. I think the slate was roughened with sandpaper so that moss, etc could grow on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back