Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where to visit in London, UK?

joonas

Reaction score
Me and my wife are going to visit London at the end of this month. Any recommendatios about nice salamander related places we could/should visit during our stay in London? I have told to visit London Zoo, but are there any other zoos, good pet shops, public terrarium houses,...?

Lasher

Reaction score
Last time I visited london zoo they were quite short on amphibians in general, but they did have a Kimono Dragon which IMO wsa worth the entry fee alone.
I cant think of anywhere else tbh, theres battersea zoo but thats very child orientated and I havent been in years(10) so I've no idea what they've got there.

On the other hand if you'd like to fill your time with shopping and alternative clubbing I could give quite a few suggestions :)

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Lasher, I can only assume you mean Komodo dragon. I believe this is the same dragon that recently shocked the world with its 'virgin birth'.

dani

Reaction score
Last time I visited london zoo they were quite short on amphibians in general, but they did have a Kimono Dragon which IMO wsa worth the entry fee alone.
I cant think of anywhere else tbh, theres battersea zoo but thats very child orientated and I havent been in years(10) so I've no idea what they've got there.

On the other hand if you'd like to fill your time with shopping and alternative clubbing I could give quite a few suggestions :)

hahaha yeah there is far more alternative clubs and good shops than newt/salamander related places in london. make sure you pay camden a visit! :D

theres a few reptile/amphibian shops that may have a selection of newts etc on display if you do a google search for exotics shops in london it should bring up a few.

Levo

Reaction score
Lasher, I can only assume you mean Komodo dragon. I believe this is the same dragon that recently shocked the world with its 'virgin birth'.

Yes, no the same dragon though, it was in Chester zoo, I went to visit her yesterday. Two of the eight I think are on show to the public as well as two adults. They don't do much but they are still impressive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!