foood lol

hanniebumblebee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
hannie bee
heya im a bit confuzzled about like the dietary requirements of my axies :) at the moment i feed them frozen blood worm but i rekon they deffinately need more of a balance of food any one got like a feeding rota that i could impliment to ensure that they have the best balance of vitamins nd protein nd minerals thanx :)

It all depends on how old your axie is but if you have an adult I believe earthworms are one the best staple for them because they are nutritious.
Feeder fish such as guppies are good too but you must quarentine them for at least 30 days before giving them to your axie to avoid giving them any disease. Some people raise their own feeder fish.

I use salmon pellets, frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp. On occasion I use feeder guppies. Have never had any issues with my axolotl and he is still growing a lot so I am guessing that is enough for a nutritional diet. :)

You need to avoid fatty things like goldfish and meat, only use them as treats. But yea as mentioned, earth worms are one of the best foods.

If you have babies, that is another story, have never raised them myself but people tend to use daphnia and things like that.

Hi Hannie Bee, mine eats mainly earthworms, and every week or two, pellets and frozen bloodworm cubes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back