Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
New reason for Amphibian Declines Discovered

A scientist, Dr. P. Charming from Far Far Away University (FFAU) has discovered a new syndrome that is causing the rapid decline of many species of frogs and toads. He calls this PSG (Prince Seeking Girl) syndrome. It seems that PSG syndrome occurs most often during periods of Purple Rain. For many years, the actual number has gone undocumented, only occasionally being referred to in fairy tales and folklore. Dr. Charming’s findings show that this happens much more often than previously believed and that even losing a small number of frogs and toads to royalty can disrupt the amphibian ecosystem. While still unknown the age a girl starts to see boys and frogs as not gross, or cootie infected, it seems to be between 13 and 21. Kissing frogs and toads has the potential of spreading salmonella, which is natural in the amphibian but can cause problems for the human. There is also the possibility of being sickened by the toxins created by toads. On the bright side however, there is no correlation to warts being transferred to either amphibian or human species. There is hope however! With new technologies such as On-line dating services and MySpace, maybe the need to go to the local pond in search of a Prince in froggy armor and kiss a poor frog and take him away from his happy home will finally come to an end. Maybe if humans tried to get along a little better with their own species, they wouldn’t decide to search for the companionship in threatened species. If you know of a case of PSG syndrome in progress, please intervene and try to prevent this tragedy from happening. If you need assistance in the intervention, please call 1-APR-ILF-OOLS!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back