Completed terrestial tank/aquarium

Lasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing with a digi cam for a few hours, some pics for you guys enjoyment.

I posted some pretty poor pics of the dry tank a little while ago before it was finished. Bit difficult to get the angle right due to the light in the hood. I intend to house some juvenile P. Hongkongensis here.

Theres also two shots of the last planted aquarium I setup. I've not had much success building hexagonal tanks in the past so a bit of an aqua-scaping experiment. I'm not entirely happy with it but I'll let those plants grow in befoe I start adding too it.

In the future I may remove the heater and use it for aquatic newts. Currently housing the betta I rescued from the petshop, he's a bit of a show off and started flaring and swimming around the front of the tank as soon as the camera came out(If only herps were that co-operative!). The last photo is one of him as well, I know its a bit off topic but he's a stunning speciemen - my photography skills(I blame the camera!) really dont do him justice.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 681
  • tankleft.jpg
    tankleft.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 461
  • tankmid.jpg
    tankmid.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 282
  • tankright.jpg
    tankright.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 299
  • aquarium1.jpg
    aquarium1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 291
  • aquarium2.jpg
    aquarium2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 282
  • betta1.jpg
    betta1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 434
very nice, are all the plants real then.

very nice, are all the plants real then.

Yes. I live in a first floor flat with only one window in the living room so the only live plants I can keep are in tanks. I rarely ever use synthetic plants, the real deal look so much better.

I'm glad you think so, Dawn, other than the rhodedenron which I've been dieing to try in a vivarium for ages the plants are all leftovers and pot plants from supermarkets. It was put together quite quickly and very cheaply without much planning(as you can probably tell).

I've just ordered some live mosses and woodlice cultures to add to it as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back