Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

this is my first set up how is it

smith

Reaction score
I tried to make a natural environment for a warty newt. p.s. I like the tiki doll but I can take it out if you think it will scare them or any thing but I don't think they mind it

Attachments

• newt tank.jpg
    newt tank.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 461
  • newt tank 1.jpg
    newt tank 1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 313
  • newt tank 2.jpg
    newt tank 2.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 342
  • tiki doll.jpg
    tiki doll.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 396

jett862

Reaction score
I don't think the tiki doll will scare them at all; and I think your setup looks fine, but I would check this out when you get the chance:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Mixing_disasters.shtml

essentially, it's not always the best decision to mix together different animals (like that goldfish). The only suggestions I would make are swap out your fake plants for real ones, great beginner plants are java moss and java fern, but don't sweat it if you can't find them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1