PICS of my sic axie

robbie257

Axolotl Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Robbie
ok so my sick axie is looking a lot better. Most of the fungus in her feathers has nearly almost gone, but she still has some on her back and on her tail.

also notice with her tail, its really bent, it almost looks as if its about to fall off.. :confused::confused::confused:

is this ok? will it get better with regular salt baths and fridging...

and also notice her weight, shes very skinny, I'm guessing she'll be fine in the fridge, and hopefully when she gets out she will start eating...

her feathers are looking shorter than usual, but they will eventually grow back

Attachments

• IMG0035A.jpg
    IMG0035A.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG0036A.jpg
    IMG0036A.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG0037A.jpg
    IMG0037A.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 164
Her bent tail is more than likely due to stress. It should fix itself with fridging as long as you keep her in a covered container with a lid.

In the first photograph it looks more to me that the tail has received an injury. Its not really curved it looks more to me like almost a break thats flapping around.But then I'm no axie doctor so maybe someone else will have a different view.

In the first photograph it looks more to me that the tail has received an injury. Its not really curved it looks more to me like almost a break thats flapping around.But then I'm no axie doctor so maybe someone else will have a different view.

ive checked the bend out, and it dosnt seem to be connected to any bone or flesh, its just skin.

i also have a querie, when i opened the fridge, and checked on her, i thought she was dead, she was upside down, and her back legs were tightly clenched together.

could this just be because of the darkness she is confused as to which way is up or down?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I saw someone else say that if they are turning upside down in the water you should lower the level so they cannot turn upside down... :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back